- Use singing skills to maintain melodic or harmonic part in simple textures.
- Apply the elements of rhythm, melody and expression to represent thoughts, images and feelings in classroom repertoire.
- Make individual choices based on the thoughts, images and feelings that the music expresses.
- Apply skills and attitudes appropriate to a variety of roles.
- Demonstrate audience, rehearsal and performance etiquette.
- Demonstrate responsibility for the self and to the group while experiencing music.
- Learn to sing without strain or fatigue.
- Learn how to care for the voice.
- Develop an understanding of the mechanics of the voice and how to control the voice to get the desired outcome.